Jean at Dross into Gold!
Thank you so much, Sweet Jean, for your lovely Ode!!
You've given me a real pick-me-up!
So a big, warm hug to you (with my face mask on)
I haven't been out or online for the past couple of days, so I'm happy I had these shots from late last week squirrelled away to share.
Details of the outfit:
- thrifted wool walking shorts, two sizes too big, cost almost nothing
- thrifted polyester graphic sleeveless mini dress, worn as a top, Value Village
- thrifted black wool sweater that I resized using my Shar Pei technique, described below
- maxi cardigan, sample sale, Metallicus
- fingerless gloves and beret - these two are inseparable
- dirty dove-blue tights, with D&G thrifted heels from Value Village
This was another positive bubble outfit. I love to jam my fists into the pockets of these low-slung shorts, which makes them sit even lower - marvellous. And until I tried the mini dress as a top, I never cared much for either the dress or these wool-prickly shorts. Now I think I'll hang on to them both for a while longer.
Above I have my thumbs hooked into the pockets.
And here's a close-up of the sweater.
I pinched up the wool in vertical worm-lines at the front and back of the sweater and around the sleeve, and hand-stitched them so the gathers remain on the outside. I love that Shar Pei (wrinkle dog) effect. One sleeve has a tuck and the other doesn't; there is no symmetry. This was a quick way to add detail and bring a large piece down to size.
Happy week everyone! (Achoo!!) Excuse me.