This dress has been travellin', travellin', travellin' from Terri's place (RAGS Against the Machine) in the USA to Curtise (The Secondhand Years) in the UK, where it did an abrupt U-turn back to North America and my greedy little mitts. Bwa-ha-ha. I adore it! Excited hugs and clapping with glee to Terri and Curtise for this awesome dress. In this rescue parcel (it arrived on "Day from Hell") Curtise also included a moving card and a stunning looorex capelet, as well as a brocade skirt, also of Terri origin, all of which I shall show you soon.
Details of the outfit
- homemade velvet maxi dress with a built-in lace blouse with big puff sleeves
- mantis pendant that I made; loupe that O made; beads and bracelet, old retail
- boots, thrifted
- beret, thrifted
The velvet ties on the dress are very long so I criss-crossed them in front before knotting them in back. You can see them in the next photo, which also details the accessories.
Aack! That's a big face! My lips are orangey! I would have preferred a frosted pink lipstick but alas don't have any. I'm wearing a black shirt under the dress for warmth because I wore only my brown wool wrap on top to go out. Can anyone correctly date this divine dress? "American Pie" came out in '71 and that's what came to mind. Terri?
So look out. I'm tearing down that dirt road in my pickup truck to Patti's Visible Monday. I mustn't soil my frock because I'm going dancing afterwards. I look forward to seeing what you're all wearing.
In Other News
Earlier this month beautiful Smiley Clara awarded me another Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Clara, although sadly I notice that her blog is no longer there! To fulfill at least part of the awardee obligations, I am responding to her questions below.
1. Hey, how are you feeling today? With my heart
2. What was the most inspiring thing you saw this morning? My coffee
3. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play you? Gloria Swanson
4. And who would play your love interest(s)? Gene Wilder
5. If you were a song, what song would you be? "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred, LOL
6. What would be your drag queen name? Miz Bagg
7. What is the best present you've ever been given? A jigsaw (among others)
8. If you could be anything in the world, what would you be? A volcano
9. What was the most romantic moment in your life? Top secret
10. What would you do with a million dollars? Spend it
11. What do you want people to know about you? I exist
Instead of naming 11 people to carry on this award, etc., I am sprinkling it like confetti over everyone with best wishes for a great week! Thank you, again, Smiley Clara. Where are you?